Talk

Advanced search

Can i print from iphone to wireless printer?

(14 Posts)
wonderfultykes Thu 30-Jun-11 10:13:35

iphone can't 'see' my wireless printer next to it. It's not a bluetooth printer. Should I still be able to print to it when both iphone and printer are connected to same wireless network? Surely so? PLease put me out of my misery.

Oh and I can't download Itunes to PC - i have windows vista and have tried and tried, have uninstalled all bits website says you have to but install still fails. AARGH! ANy ideas?

Potplant Thu 30-Jun-11 10:17:08

I've got a kodak app which let's me send photos from my iPhone to my kodak printer. Perhaps there's the same for your printer?

Can't help on iTunes mine just appeared.

DollyTwat Thu 30-Jun-11 10:20:25

I have an app called printershare that works brilliantly
My printer isn't Bluetooth either
You might need to turn off your virus security for iTunes to work. Sometimes if you've changed the admin user name the permissions on the folders get screwed up and iTunes won't install

wonderfultykes Thu 30-Jun-11 10:40:02

You're Godesses. Didn't even think of looking for an app. Downloading as we speak. Next on to tackling iTunes confused

DollyTwat Thu 30-Jun-11 12:13:45

Tell me what the error message says if it fails again

wonderfultykes Thu 30-Jun-11 12:33:53

OK there are 2 error messages i have got, depending which way wind blows:

1)
Service 'applemobile device' failed to start. Verify that you have sufficienct privilages to start system services

or

2)

An error occurred durilng installation of assembly policy '8.0.Microsoft.VC80.CRT.version="8.0.50727.4053"type=win.32policy. Public key token=1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b". processorArchitecture='x86". Please refer to help and support fopr more informationHRESULT:OX...

Could be the odd typo in there...!

niceguy2 Thu 30-Jun-11 14:25:31

Another Apple sleight of hand.

Iphones & Ipads can print wirelessly.....but only to Airprint compatible printers. That's the bit they don't make as clear as they could.

Here is a list of compatible printers support.apple.com/kb/HT4356

Otherwise use an app like above posters suggested.

As for your Itunes issue, do you have administrator rights on your PC?

wonderfultykes Thu 30-Jun-11 14:42:20

um...sorry...no idea. it's my personal home one if that helps at all?

wonderfultykes Thu 30-Jun-11 14:46:06

Yes! yes i have apparently. You can tell technology is not my forte

DollyTwat Thu 30-Jun-11 16:14:02

can you check to see if any of your automatic updates have failed to install for me, and if so which ones

wonderfultykes Thu 30-Jun-11 19:57:50

Dolly sorry to be so utterly dim, but don't know what that means/how to do it blush

DollyTwat Thu 30-Jun-11 23:09:00

No problem!
Ok your pc will update your software automatically if you've set it to do so. If they are failing, that might be the same reason your iTunes won't install.
Go to your control panel
Start > control panel
Choose system and security
Review your cimputer's status and resolve issues
Tell me what's listed and what happens when you try to fix

wonderfultykes Sat 02-Jul-11 19:04:08

I'm sorry dolly i 'm worried about wasting your time. I'll come back to this - maybe do new thread - when have more time to devote to sorting it out. In meantime thanks so much for your help, I'll work through status issues when I can. THanks

DollyTwat Sat 02-Jul-11 21:52:34

It's what I do so no worries!
Happy to help, dm me if you start another thread

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: