Talk

Advanced search

TV swichover

(9 Posts)
hollygolightlyandcat Mon 27-Jun-11 16:43:03

We recently had the digital tv switchover and now we are finding we are having to retune our freeview plus box every day. This is a real pain as we are having to set up all our recordings again. Once we have retuned, we do get all the channels back and the signal is fine. Has anyone had this problem?

hollygolightlyandcat Tue 28-Jun-11 10:44:18

hopeful bump

HarrietJones Tue 28-Jun-11 10:52:53

We switched ages ago and still regularly retune. Lose reception when it's bad weather. And that's with a new aerial/booster etc. Digital is crap!

hollygolightlyandcat Tue 28-Jun-11 15:26:47

It is, isnt it. I'm fed up with having to retune every day. It defeats the purpose of a freeview plus box as well, as we have to remember to record shows after we retune (which often we forget or dont have time!)

NetworkGuy Tue 28-Jun-11 17:48:39

Sounds like a faulty FV box to me. One of my boxes goes into 'check for updates' at 3am every day (a pain, as I used it to listen to radio on overnight) so I bought a cheap one from the local British Heart Foundation for a tenner.

I'd suggest trying to get a cheap box to try in place of the one you have. Asda and Tesco did some budget ones around the 15 pound mark but have to admit I have not seen them in stores lately - though they may still carry them online... Or check Ebay or Gumtree... not all areas have electrical goods in the Heart Foundation shops, so no guarantee there is one near you, sorry.

HarrietJones Tue 28-Jun-11 20:00:20

We are on our second tv with similar problems.

hollygolightlyandcat Wed 29-Jun-11 10:57:14

Oh no, I was really hoping that it wasnt the set top box. Its just odd how its only being happening since the second part of the switchover.

NetworkGuy Wed 29-Jun-11 20:54:44

How long have you had the box ? It may just be coincidence that the digital switchover is taking place in your area... Is it a Humax or what make (in case there is some history of problems) ?

hollygolightlyandcat Thu 30-Jun-11 12:58:52

I've managed to fix it, thank goodness. When I was retuning, I was just doing an automatic channel scan. Last time I did the first time installation instead, and it hasnt needed retuning this morning. Dont know why this would make a difference, but hopefully thats it fixed now. The make is hitachi, dont know whether it is a general problem.
Thanks for all your help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now