Talk

Advanced search

Can't log out from email - have I got a virus????

(12 Posts)
hadagutsfull Sun 26-Jun-11 21:46:24

I'm not very computer literate so please bear with me! I logged into my email account earlier for the first time in several days. When I tried to forward an email, it directed me to a 'security' page and asked me to put in the letters that I could see in order to be able to send the email. I decided not to do that.

I then spent a long while typing a new email, went to send it (to a different address) and got the same thing - directed to a page and asked to put in the sort of distorted words I could see. Again, thought this was odd so decided to save the email in draft and try again tomorrow. It wouldn't let me do this and said I was no longer logged in, although I was, and asked me to log in again.

Each time I clicked on log out, it didn't and the home page kept coming up with message like 'having a good day hadagutsfull?' 'hope your day's rocking hadagutsfull' etc. It was really creepy!

Have I somehow downloaded a virus? I'm currently running a scan which isn't flagging anything up. I've gone back to the homepage but am scared of logging into my email again! Any advice would be gratefully received!

Beauregard Sun 26-Jun-11 21:49:02

I had a similar thing hapen when my email was hacked .Have you had loads of spam lately.Try changing your security and password settings .

hadagutsfull Sun 26-Jun-11 21:53:48

Hi pelvic no, haven't had lots of spam. When you say change security and password settings, do you mean just for email or to log on to the PC to start with? (told you I'm not very good with PCs, sorry about this) blush

Beauregard Sun 26-Jun-11 21:56:33

I mean your logging into email password.
Someone hacked my hotmail account and was sending spam from my account ,fingers crossed it stopped when i changed passwords.

crazynanna Sun 26-Jun-11 21:59:51

I cannot access my emails.....it just seems stuck.
Any ideas please?

hadagutsfull Sun 26-Jun-11 22:00:17

Thanks, will try that. I've just logged on to it again and this time it says "Glad you're here, hadagutsfull"! - I don't like this at all. I'll try and change the password now.

hadagutsfull Sun 26-Jun-11 22:01:21

That reply was to pelvic
crazy - who are you with? AOL by any chance?

Beauregard Sun 26-Jun-11 22:14:58

Hope you get it sorted hadagutsfull

hadagutsfull Sun 26-Jun-11 22:19:39

Thanks pelvic - have changed the password and it seems to have done the trick! I managed to send an email without being directed to any other page and logged out ok. Have no idea what it was all about but touch wood all seems fine now. Thanks again.

Beauregard Sun 26-Jun-11 22:24:43

ooh hope it's done the trick for you smile
Bloody hackers.

hadagutsfull Sun 26-Jun-11 22:30:06

My next problem will be remembering to put the new password in ... smile

Beauregard Sun 26-Jun-11 22:48:46

lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now