Talk

Advanced search

iPad help please

(12 Posts)
MadAsASnakeNana Sun 26-Jun-11 00:21:39

Having some navigation troubles with new iPad. Say I'm looking at a thread in Mumsnet - there's a link - go to that link - how do I get back to original thread? Also having trouble bookmarking favourite sites etc., miss favourites.
Many thanks.

OldLadyKnowsNothing Sun 26-Jun-11 01:57:13

You can follow links on MN on iPad? I'm jealous, they don't work for me. sad In the meantime, do you have a back button at the top of the screen? (I do, but am also a virgin with this contraption.)

AlfalfaMum Sun 26-Jun-11 02:05:32

I think if you press safari at the bottom all your open pages will show up

AlfalfaMum Sun 26-Jun-11 02:07:18

I just leave my favourite pages open on it permanently, thye stay when I switch off and on again

AlfalfaMum Sun 26-Jun-11 02:10:57

sorry, hang on I just got my ipad and checked.. if you look at the toolbar at the top of your page, there should be a number on the left? The number indicates how many pages you have open, click on it to navigate to one of the other pages

AlfalfaMum Sun 26-Jun-11 02:11:54

My post of 07:18 was in relation to favourites btw grin

Missthingamyjig Sun 26-Jun-11 02:20:16

Click on the two squares thing at the top, this then shows all your open pages.

MadAsASnakeNana Sun 26-Jun-11 11:31:38

Thanks to everyone, will try all suggestions. Love the iPad, but still love my "old" laptop.

trixymalixy Sun 26-Jun-11 11:35:39

Press the square at the top left with a number in it, that will show you all your open pages and you can then choose a page, or close pages, or open a new page from that screen

trixymalixy Sun 26-Jun-11 11:36:01

The book icon beside it is for bookmarks.

trixymalixy Sun 26-Jun-11 11:37:15

The square with an arrow coming out of it next to the book allows you to add bookmarks b

RustyBear Sun 26-Jun-11 11:42:45

OldLadyKnowsNothing - to follow links on iPad you have to either touch them twice or hold the link till the menu comes up & then touch 'Open' Touching links once only brings up the 'bookmark' button.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now