Talk

Advanced search

Nintendo DS games for toddler

(7 Posts)
amberprincess Mon 20-Jun-11 21:20:42

DD is 3 and have bought her a DS for her bday cos she loves playing games on my iphone & I want my phone back! She's a bright kid and I want her to become familiar with a range of learning techniques.

I really want to buy her educational stuff to help with her phonics and maths...any good recommendations please?

Thanks x

whomovedmychocolate Mon 20-Jun-11 21:23:03

We got a lovely fairy game but DD has taken it to bed so I can't find out what it's called - will check tomorrow.

Dora games are generally slightly educational.

Art Academy is good but there's not much for that age group in maths and English that I've found.

DaphneHeartsFred Mon 20-Jun-11 21:25:24

You won't get that kind of 'educational' on a DS. The Leapfrog or Vtech ones are better for that.

Having said that, your DD would probably love the Peppa Pig Games. The Diego/Dora ones are quite good too.

amberprincess Mon 20-Jun-11 21:28:25

I saw loads of stuff before I bought the DS - but when I went to HMV and GAME there wasn't much :s
Did buy 'Let's Draw' & a Hello Kitty game just to get her started...
A fairy game sounds fab thou!

amberprincess Mon 20-Jun-11 21:29:22

I did initially buy her the Leapfrog but went back to Argos today & exchanged it for the DS!

muddyangels123 Mon 20-Jun-11 21:35:28

My DD had a Vtech until she was 5, as DD found the DS games a little hard. Lots of the 3+ games have alot of reading to do and the games aren't always straight forward iyswim.

My DD got very frustrated playing the DS until she hit 4/5.

Her fav. games then were Dora,princess type ones.

Gastonladybird Mon 20-Jun-11 21:38:49

peppa pig, thomas the tank engine, nintendogs

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now