Talk

Advanced search

How do I set up my HTC Desire - I know nothing about smartphones...?

(4 Posts)
palazzo Thu 16-Jun-11 20:59:41

OK, it came with a tiny 'Get Started' leaflet .. which was basically turn it on and follow the instructions to load hotmail, Facebook etc. Done that.

I know I can download a fuller guide - and will, promise! - but can anyone help me by telling me what settings I should have set? DH has set up wifi so when I am at home I can be connected to that but I only have 250mb per month on my plan (although I am thinking of increasing) and don't want to go over it.

What 'bits' do I tick and untick? I am presuming 'Autosync' is untick.

Can anyone please help me???

Thanks smile

bunjies Fri 17-Jun-11 10:51:25

Hi palazzo

I've just got an HTC also and just downloaded the full user guide -it was 200 pages long shock.

As a start I would suggest doing a few of the battery optimising things like reducing screen brightness, turning off GPS when you don't need it etc. You can find all the tips on the net.

To be honest this is my first smartphone and I'm clueless when it comes to understanding how it all works. Will be watching this trhead with interest.

JemimaHairMouse Fri 17-Jun-11 22:49:31

are you me? grin
i've just bought at desire s and can't get it to connect to my home wifi for the life of me...
am just trawling through the manual

StrawberryMewMew Fri 17-Jun-11 23:25:08

My advice is.... Sell the phone while it is brand new.

I'm on my second HTC Desire and both have had the same numerous problems.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now