Talk

Advanced search

facebook question

(10 Posts)
threadsoffeeling Thu 16-Jun-11 15:51:55

sorry for being so demanding, But mumsnetters are much wiser than me in the ways of the net.

Is there anyway to read what was on my own wall three years ago , without losing the will to live clicking on the previous posts option at the bottom of the page? I did that, but as i am a prolific user, i only got back as far as january 2011 before i couldnt hack it anymore. is there a clever way of doing this?

tigercametotea Thu 16-Jun-11 15:53:40

I hadn't managed to find another way to do it other than to keep clicking on the previous posts option. Its a pain.

threadsoffeeling Thu 16-Jun-11 15:57:26

there must be someway though. I have old status updates of people appearing on thetop right side all the time. so why cant i access my own wall?
I hope someone here knows how to. i want to know how much of a mug i used to be.

dingdongmrs Thu 16-Jun-11 16:00:51

I havent found another way, but....if you zoom down the page really really quickly it opens the next lot for you so you dont have to click!! apart from that, no i dont know of any other way im afraid.

threadsoffeeling Thu 16-Jun-11 16:12:49

right. this is what i have found out ladies. and its not pretty.

fb gives you an option to download your stuff. excellent idea as far as photos goes. but, it also downloads your entire wall. not in a particularly readable format, but its all there. and all your messages. I downloaded this back in december, but thought it was only the photos. i however, now have a copy, on my laptop, of message conversations i had with a certain member of theopposite sex, that make me cringe... oh the shame.. and its all there on my hard drive..
the wall is there too, but almost impossible to read.

tigercametotea Thu 16-Jun-11 16:15:58

Oh okay... Thanks for the info. threadsoffeeling I didn't know you could do that.

threadsoffeeling Thu 16-Jun-11 16:21:41

oh my!!!!

threadsoffeeling Thu 16-Jun-11 16:21:58

delete delete delete

tigercametotea Thu 16-Jun-11 16:57:52

If it happened ages ago people might have forgotten the conversation by now.

threadsoffeeling Thu 16-Jun-11 21:11:01

they have. but its the sort of stuff that if its refound, will cause questions to be asked, that are very uncomforatble at best.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now