Talk

Advanced search

is there anyway to access something that has been online, but now isnt?

(6 Posts)
threadsoffeeling Thu 16-Jun-11 15:25:55

about six years ago, i put some photos up on the sony photosharing website. The desktop died, and with it the photos that were saved on the hard drive. the sony website itself stopped hosting them. Its highly unlikely that i will still be able to find them, isnt it?

StealthPolarBear Thu 16-Jun-11 15:27:40

something liek this?

threadsoffeeling Thu 16-Jun-11 15:41:02

thank you. thats exactly what i was looking for. unfortunately. it hasnt helped. the seem to have really destroyed the stuff.

niceguy2 Thu 16-Jun-11 16:03:35

How did your desktop die? If it wasn't the disk, there's a good chance you can still salvage the photos.

Even if it was the disk that died, as long as you still have it the photos might be recoverable. It probably wouldn't be cheap.

threadsoffeeling Thu 16-Jun-11 21:08:39

I dont5 know how it died. But i had lots of young babies at the time, and it was dh;s and basically, i dont know where its gone. sort of thing. My own fault, or lack of computer know how.
Ive just been deleting stuff on fb, and my own computer. stuff i didnt even know i had. needless to say, i've become a lot more aware about what i am actually sharing and keeping a record off.. shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now