Talk

Advanced search

Gah - DS has chewed on my Macbook charger and now it won't charge

(4 Posts)
FlingonTheValiant Fri 10-Jun-11 11:17:46

I came into the living room to find him chewing on the cable. Now when I plug it in the green light doesn't come one and it won't charge, but it does seem to be powering the laptop.

He hasn't gone through the cable (he's only got the top of one tooth), in fact if I hadn't see him doing it I would just have thought it had died.

So, is there any chance that it wasn't DS who killed it? Do they just stop working and might it be a coincidence?

I suppose there's not much chance of them covering it under the warranty...

FlingonTheValiant Fri 10-Jun-11 11:24:59

Obviously all electrical equipment has now been moved from DS's reach - the non-moving, non-crawling baby who somehow cover 1m in 3 secs confused that'll teach me.

prism Fri 10-Jun-11 12:26:45

I have the same thing with my cats. They don't cover it under warranty (Apple that is, not the cats) but you can get a replacement charger on eBay for £15.

FlingonTheValiant Fri 10-Jun-11 12:31:14

Well I'm going to get them to look at it, just to check it's not the battery that's knackered - it's 2.5 years old, but fortunately I took out the care plan.

If it is the cable I'll look on ebay, thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now