Talk

Advanced search

SD card for Vtech Storio

(5 Posts)
wyebird Tue 07-Jun-11 08:57:03

Morning,
I was wondering if there is more than one type/size SD card as I need one for Boy1's Storio Game.

When I google "storio SD card" the answer just seems to be 'get an SD card' without describing the dimensions.

Am I right in thinking there is just one sort (albeit with different GB capacities)?

something like this:
http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_6&products_id=100971

If I just order 'a SD card', will it fit, is what I'm really asking, I suppose!!

Thanks

nocake Tue 07-Jun-11 12:54:04

SD cards come in two sizes. Standard and mini. Mini cards are generally used in mobile devices and often come with a carrier so you can use them as a standard card.

The Storio uses a standard SD card.

zipzap Tue 07-Jun-11 13:01:09

We have a storio (and have been verya bit disappointed with it but that's a different thread) but I didn't realise that you could put an sd card into it... What sort of stuff can you get for it (and where from) that you put on an sd card?

And any good game recommendations? Have got a 6 yr old boy who is really struggling to read and thought this would encourage it but not so far.

Sorry to hijack thread op.

wyebird Tue 07-Jun-11 19:54:33

zipzap - yes, I am pretty unimpressed with it too, tbh. Half the time it doesn't even recognise it has the cartridge in it but yes, a whole other discussion!!

On the Vtech website is a 'club' section you can sign up. You then plug the Storio into your computer. Once you have downloaded some pretty shabby software, it allows you to install new story/games onto the Storio but only if you've got a SD card inserted in the slot found under the battery cover.

I got three 'tokens' when I signed up, which means I get three stories free. None of them look as slick as the ToyStory game so if I get the SD card for cheaps I won't be too disappointed!

wyebird Tue 07-Jun-11 19:55:55

nocake - thanks! I will order one forthwith!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now