Talk

Advanced search

Which One? Guitar Hero/Rock Band for Wii - I'm in way over my head!

(4 Posts)
msrisotto Sat 04-Jun-11 20:53:25

DP's birthday is coming up and I know he would love this. We have the Wii and I started to look at Amazon and I'm overwhelmed! So many different games and opinions on which is better! Which one?? And how many instruments do we need? 2 guitars necessary? Help please?

msrisotto Sat 04-Jun-11 21:44:50

Probably not the most interesting post on mn i know! I might need to go find a proper geeks forum!

DilysPrice Sat 04-Jun-11 21:56:25

If you can possibly find the space then I strongly recommend getting something you can play drums with - IMO the drums are much more fun than the guitar, and I think you can pick them up for 15 quid nowadays. Also you feel you're learning an actual skill which is quite satisfying.

We've got several Rock Band variants and we end up playing Lego Rock Band the most - it's good because it allows incompetent DCs to play at a very basic level whilst the adults are set to Expert level Not played Guitar Hero so can't comment on that.

GrassCutter Thu 09-Jun-11 19:17:29

We have rock band and it is a lot of fun - we have lost many many hours of our life to that game. As the previous poster said the drums are the best bit.

You can buy the band as a bundle so it comes with guitar, drums and mic. You can also add on a bass guitar if you wish. There are loads of different games that can be played on it plus they have rock band games for individual bands (beatles rock band is sooo easy to play.)

No idea about guitar hero - I know they have a world tour version which includes drums too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now