Talk

Advanced search

How do I play my Ipod/Iphone in the car???

(7 Posts)
AnonymousBird Thu 26-May-11 10:25:49

I've tried one of those completely crap FM transmitter things, absolute rubbish - constant interference, can barely listen. My car doesn't seem to have a way to plug in directly.

Is there another way I can reliably plug in to play my iphone or ipod in the car? Have loads of stuff on there for the children and it would majorly improve our longer journeys for the holidays!

MadameGazelle Thu 26-May-11 20:08:01

I use an itrip you have to tune it into the correct frequency shown on the itrip (88.90 fm) on mine, it works great - crystal clear and no interference.

Al0uiseG Thu 26-May-11 20:10:08

You need a cable which plugs into the headphone bit of the iphone then the other end into the AUX jack, you select AUX instead of fm or cd on the stereo.

Ponders Thu 26-May-11 20:10:52

we have an itrip too but it doesn't work reliably - it might depend on your local radio station frequencies

you can get things to plug into your cig lighter which have a USB port, would one of those work? (or would it not be connected to your speakers? confused)

Al0uiseG Thu 26-May-11 20:11:13

Forgot to say IF you have an AUX jack you can also plug into a laptop so kids can watch a film in the back with proper sound via the speakers.

domesticslattern Thu 26-May-11 20:12:36

You buy one of these and plug into into the AUX IN jack, which in our case is in between the two front seats, meaning that my iphone slides into the footwell every time we go round a corner.

MmeLindor. Sun 29-May-11 16:18:52

The FM transmitters work well in areas where there are not many radio stations, they are useless in built up areas such as big cities.

Or Italy, where they seem to have a new radio station every 10km.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: