Talk

Advanced search

iPhone is locked up. Help!

(8 Posts)
Ormirian Sun 16-Jan-11 11:16:23

I only got it last week from work. I think my DD was using it hmm. The screen is showing a USB cable and the ITunes logo, there is 'No Service' and a padlock symbol. The only thing that responds is an emergency call slider.

I have tried powering it on and off, it's almost fully charged, the wake/sleep button doesn't wake it at all. I have tried the IPhone website but nothing helps.

ANy clever people here able to help me? Before I face the pisstaking wrath of the techy bods in work on Tuesday?

soremummy Sun 16-Jan-11 11:20:23

Sync it on the pc and it should restore to original state

Ormirian Sun 16-Jan-11 11:21:15

??

That sounds great but erm..how?

Sorry (pathetic!)

soremummy Sun 16-Jan-11 11:23:11

I assume you have itunes on your pc? If you have open up itunes and use the usb to connect the iphone and it will sync it automatically it SHOULD then restore the phone for you

Ormirian Sun 16-Jan-11 11:23:41

RIght!Thanks grin

soremummy Sun 16-Jan-11 11:24:55

It seems that it has gone back to its original state ie like just taking it out of the box. The iphone wont work again until it is plugged into a pc

soremummy Sun 16-Jan-11 11:25:30

Hope it works for you

Ormirian Sun 16-Jan-11 17:44:08

Right. It unlocked it OK but has removed all it's settings unfortunately. I can set up the password protect as it is supposed to be but not the email settings. Never mind. I can get that sorted on Tuesday.

Many thanks soremummy.

Any idea why it would happen?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now