Talk

Advanced search

iphone 4 - how do you protect yours?

(12 Posts)
maggiethecat Sat 08-Jan-11 19:48:03

Just got mine and thought I'd try to protect it. I never bothered with my old Sony which took some serious abuse.

I've seen some very cheap silicone protective cases on ebay as well as the screen protectors. I've also noticed that there are some pricey stuff like Cygnett.

Really just want s/thing that will stop it getting chipped and scratched all over whilst not interfering with use.

jezebelle Sat 08-Jan-11 19:50:23

I just have a purple bumper/cover. It covers the back and sides. Have nothing on screen, had mine since they came out and it hasn't got a scratch on it

Niceguy2 Sat 08-Jan-11 21:38:56

I have this one: ebay link

but mine is in black. It's not cheap looking and has survived a lot of knocks and drops. It went flying just today out of my hand and bounced along the tiled floor in the kitchen. That along with screen protectors and it's protected my iphone well.

I did buy a bumper when I first got it but they were rubbish.

maggiethecat Sat 08-Jan-11 23:47:16

That does look nice. I've seen some protectors that look 'gummy' and not very attractive. Also seen some that look like hard case, whilst being very slim but think that these may not 'bounce' and resist shock as well as the silicone ones.

Niceguy2 Sun 09-Jan-11 00:03:27

I know what you mean. I've had a lot of cases for my old 3G & 3GS. This one definitely is the best. It's not soft but enough to cushion a fall. It's not that stupid rubber either that attracts dust & dirt.

For the price it's a no brainer

nikki1978 Sun 09-Jan-11 00:08:07

Otterbox. Best iPhone protection there is. You can get them on amazon. Bit bulky but good. I have one :-)

MmeLindt Mon 10-Jan-11 13:11:43

nikki
I am looking at the Otterbox. Which one do you have?

nikki1978 Mon 10-Jan-11 14:44:21

DH got me this one but if I had seen the selection I would have got one of the prettier ones grin

www.otterbox.com/iPhone-4-Defender-Series-Case/APL 2-I4XXX,default,pd.html?dwvar_APL2-I4XXX_color=20& start=1&cgid=apple-iphone-4-cases

As I say it is chunky but I prefer that as on it's own the iphone 4 is so slippery! It kept sliding out of my hand - this has a great grip. The fact that it has a screen protector built in is what sold it for us. I was always worried about breaking the screen.

MmeLindt Mon 10-Jan-11 16:23:44

That might be too clunky for DH but I am going to order one for DD. She has my old iPhone and it is getting a bit bashed.

nikki1978 Mon 10-Jan-11 16:26:35

Yes I am going to get one for DDs Itouch soon.

This is less chunky and has different designs so not all girly

www.otterbox.com/iPhone-4-Impact-Series-Etched-Cas e/APL1-I4XXX-ETCH,default,pd.html?dwvar_APL1-I4XXX -ETCH_color=1C&start=4&cgid=apple-iphone-4-cases

lucy101 Mon 10-Jan-11 16:30:22

I bought an iBand for my husbands ipod touch (second one as he dropped and smashed the first) - it is much more robust than the silicone cases I looked at and leaves the front and back open. There are cheaper ones on ebay...

www.tech21.uk.com/products-mobile-iphone1.html

www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?client=safari&q= iband+iphone&oe=UTF-8&cid=14625727362412213961&ei= mDMrTa-qOJPw2AT1ssmCDA&sa=title&ved=0CAcQ8wIwADgA# p

maggiethecat Thu 13-Jan-11 07:20:03

MmeLindt, saw one Otterbox in between the 2 Nikki mentioned - it's the commuter.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: