Talk

Advanced search

Help!! Sony ereader

(8 Posts)
dontdisstheteens Fri 31-Dec-10 19:33:10

I have bought one of these for my father and set it up using calibre. I own a book in Kindle which I would like to lend to him. It is drm protected. I have tried the python stuff to remove protection before converting but have failed. Can anyone help me? I promise this is to lend a legally obtained book to my dad and I am furious that I can't. Protection of Authors/Publishers is one thing, this feels like totally unwarranted restriction.

Not to mention that I am considering buying a sony - it is a truly lovely thing - but have kindle books!

dontdisstheteens Sat 01-Jan-11 11:23:05

Pretty please. I have wasted hours trying to do this and want to return reader to dad all sorted later today.

dontdisstheteens Mon 03-Jan-11 22:31:24

Shameless bumping by an optimist!

Prolesworth Mon 03-Jan-11 22:34:27

Message withdrawn

dontdisstheteens Wed 05-Jan-11 16:51:06

No they can't. Hence having to remove prm so my Dad can read it. I think I will have to pay for other 'copies' Grrrr! It is enough to put me off ereaders full stop as we are a frequently book sharing family!

Prolesworth Wed 05-Jan-11 17:09:50

Message withdrawn

MaryMungo Wed 05-Jan-11 17:13:26

Which book is it?

dontdisstheteens Wed 05-Jan-11 18:16:15

The one he wants right now is Bill Bryson At Home. I have kindle version and am reluctant to buy from Waterstones for £14.30! I guess we are just used to buying (owning) and sharing books sad

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: