Talk

Advanced search

Orange broadband/home phone any good?

(12 Posts)
nymphadora Thu 30-Dec-10 18:40:06

According to go compare it's much cheaper than we are on at the moment. It's them or sky & dh won't even consider sky grin.

Not an orange customer so not at cheapest rate but just want to know how their service is.

Or any other comparison sites? Money supermarket didn't cover line rental

AlmightyCitrus Thu 30-Dec-10 19:04:36

I had a terrible time with orange broadband. Lots of on/off connections, v. bad internet speeds and terrible customer service. Call centres are mainly Indian, and it is very difficult to sort out a problem as they follow a script and can't seem to divert from it and have a normal conversation. I could never recommend them.
I changed to sky and any problems I have had, have been dealt with fairly quickly. Call centre is in Scotland and it's easier to chat through any problems and get them sorted.

nymphadora Thu 30-Dec-10 19:08:31

Ok that's orange off my list then!

Appletrees Thu 30-Dec-10 19:12:34

Nooooooooooooo don't do it they are useless

jayjimbles Thu 30-Dec-10 19:14:04

I've had a pretty good experience in whole with them. Yes, some of their broadband and mobile phone cust. serv. provision is abroad but they've always sorted out any few problems quickly and efficiently for us and I've been able to have normal conversations with them no problem!

nymphadora Thu 30-Dec-10 19:51:29

I struggle with foreign call centres. Awkward name/street name makes it hard to get past security hmm

AlmightyCitrus Thu 30-Dec-10 19:55:49

I've got a bit of an odd surname too. And they do seem to struggle with my (northern) accent.

nymphadora Thu 30-Dec-10 20:12:14

Ive a northern accent too. Lancashire which people struggle with hmm

Sherbert37 Thu 30-Dec-10 20:21:16

I have been very pleased with them and spoke to people in Britain ( remember Joanne). Saves me a good amount compared to previous provider with unlimited downloads - £25 per month Inc eve / weekend phone. Am Orange mobile customer though but not a fast exchange here so could be even cheaper.

Niceguy2 Thu 30-Dec-10 23:38:17

Check here to see if you are in a 'O2/BE LLU' area.

Their value Internet package is £13.79 a month & line rental included all evening & weekend calls is £10.50.

It's a little more than Orange but having been a customer of theirs for 4 years, I cannot recommend their customer service enough.

I can call them day or night and I get straight through to someone without having to queue. The support number is freephone too.

I always get consistently good speeds and trust me, I absolutely hammer my line. When there is a problem, their engineers know EXACTLY what I am talking about. They never fob me off with "oh can you reboot it etc"

One thing worth mentioning is that their helpdesk seems to be in Bulgaria but I've never had a problem understanding their accent, unlike the likes of TalkTalk where I want to strangle myself with the network cable to make the pain stop! wink

nymphadora Fri 31-Dec-10 09:44:41

Thanks for the website. Only has orange/talktalk/sky without low limits of downloads.

aristomache Fri 31-Dec-10 09:52:46

I've been with orange since they were freeserve and never had a single problem with them and have great download speeds!!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: