Talk

Advanced search

Can you put a Wii on an old (ish) portable telly?

(13 Posts)
KatyMac Wed 22-Dec-10 21:23:32

Or do I need some hi-tech piece of kit?

KatyMac Wed 22-Dec-10 21:30:14

Sorry to bump this but I need to get home to DH (as he is poorly)

AMumInScotland Wed 22-Dec-10 21:32:41

It comes with red, yellow and white connectors as standard - do you have sockets like that on the TV? Or a SCART socket cable is also available, I think. If you don't have either of those on the TV, do you have a video player with them, as you can sometimes go through one of those.

ChippyMinTurnAgainWhittington Wed 22-Dec-10 21:33:32

Ours has three individual small round plugs (red,yellow & white) which going into a scart adapter which plugs into the (flatscreen modern) TV. Pretty sure our old TV could take the small round plugs. HTH

KatyMac Wed 22-Dec-10 21:34:22

The telly has a scart - I am struggling to 'tune' it in as I assume I have to

ChippyMinTurnAgainWhittington Wed 22-Dec-10 21:35:36

Is there a 'AV' channel/button?

AMumInScotland Wed 22-Dec-10 21:36:55

So you have the Wii? I think you do have to tune the TV to it - our (newer) one can do that automatically. There should be something in the instructions to get a menu page up so you'll know it when you find it. IIRC

KatyMac Wed 22-Dec-10 21:37:20

Not as far as I can see

KatyMac Wed 22-Dec-10 21:37:54

Ah ha

It is on the video channel

ChippyMinTurnAgainWhittington Wed 22-Dec-10 21:39:48

Are you sorted then?

bb99 Wed 22-Dec-10 21:45:36

DH says you need a multi scart which has all the leads into that (red yellow etc etc) and then goes into one scart plug in the back of the TV, but you still need a TV with one scart plug at the back.

We've got a crap smaller telly for the kids and one of these multi scarts - they're about £20 and from well know high street electrical retailers.

HTH

bb99 Wed 22-Dec-10 21:46:41

Sorry - didn't read all the thread...enjoy smile

KatyMac Wed 22-Dec-10 23:08:37

Yes it works lovely

As I got it working on my mum's telly (for Christmas day) I am assuming I will be able to on my telly at home just as easily

Thanks everyone

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: