Talk

Advanced search

Seasonal Angry Birds - help!

(14 Posts)
LIZS Tue 21-Dec-10 19:23:16

Downloaded it yesterday to ds' itouch . Can play the halloween levels but for the Christmas one it says connection not available. Is it only for online play rather than standalone ?

ItsAHollyJollyTee Tue 21-Dec-10 19:35:29

I play it stand alone on my iPhone no problem. Maybe delete and reinstall?

lazydog Tue 21-Dec-10 19:51:33

I get exactly the same message on DH's HTC Desire, even when I'm online via our wifi connection confused. No probs with halloween or normal versions.

MollieO Tue 21-Dec-10 22:36:14

I think you may need an Internet connection to play it as a new game opens every day (based on dates). It works on my IPhone but not in ds's (he has my old cracked screen IPhone with no sim card). No problem with the other versions but they aren't date related.

foxinsocks Tue 21-Dec-10 22:38:26

how weird

it works on my iphone and on dd's ipod touch.

i would delete and reinstall if you can.

as mollie says, it is date sensitive though. I get annoyed as I can only open the new day at 8am grrr

MollieO Tue 21-Dec-10 22:44:32

I have to wait until mid afternoon even though I've checked and my iPhone is on London time. I'll try reinstalling it on ds's iPhone once he remembers where he's left it.

foxinsocks Tue 21-Dec-10 22:57:17

mine used to do that Mollie open the day very late). But I turned it off and on again and it stopped doing it. I think it was a bug. Just check if there was an update (can't remember if there was).

ItsAHollyJollyTee Wed 22-Dec-10 07:15:22

New game every day? Huh? Like a new level? I haven't noticed that.

But I have played it in Airport mode with no internet access, on my iPhone, so it does work that way.

DilysPrice Wed 22-Dec-10 07:41:05

I have that problem - each day downloads when you open it so you need to be online. Not really a problem for me as I'm always online. You could just plug in and open the first 22 days one after another - once you've done it the first time you don't need to be online to reopen them.

MollieO Wed 22-Dec-10 08:03:31

That's interesting. It wouldn't work in airplane mode for me. I could only open those days that I'd opened previously.

hockeypuck Wed 22-Dec-10 08:05:18

I can get it - and excuse me piggy backing the thread - but I can't solve yesterday's one. With just the three birds - where do I aim them to win? it's irritating me!

ItsAHollyJollyTee Wed 22-Dec-10 08:48:25

Oops, I was wrong. I must have been playing the none holiday version in airplane mode. I just got the error message on holidays while in airplane mode after all!

bruffin Wed 22-Dec-10 12:21:46

hockeypuck

You send the fat one skimming along the bottom

The yellow launch high into the air and it should take out the dynamite

the the tiny one split it so it hits the end birds

hockeypuck Wed 22-Dec-10 22:37:35

oooooh thanks Bruffin - that's done the trick!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now