Talk

Advanced search

How to change my default email

(4 Posts)
size6feet Sat 11-Dec-10 14:11:42

I've just tried googling it but am getting to sites with blank screens??

I was just trying to send pic attachments in hotmail and when I selected them it came up with my default email so I had to send them that way. HOw can I change the default setting to hotmail please. I have Windows XP.
Thank you.

www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

NetworkGuy Sun 12-Dec-10 17:54:57

Not convinced there is an easy way (if any at all) to force e-mail handling to be done via your browser with Hotmail (as the settings on a Windows machine will be to get a specific e-mail application, such as MS Outlook Express or MS Outlook (if you have MS Office) or (Mozilla) Thunderbird or Windows Mail (Win 7)

size6feet Fri 17-Dec-10 19:54:07

My apologies for the long delay in not replying sooner Cruel and NetworkGuy . I've been away and had an operation but am back now, albeit one-handed.

Thank you Cruel, I found your link very informative.

Network - Previously when I have added pictures as attachments in Hotmail they have just attached. I understand what you say and so next time I send pics I will make careful notes of what I do and whatever notes pop up. I could be missing a step in the procedure.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now