Talk

Advanced search

How to change my default email

(4 Posts)
size6feet Sat 11-Dec-10 14:11:42

I've just tried googling it but am getting to sites with blank screens??

I was just trying to send pic attachments in hotmail and when I selected them it came up with my default email so I had to send them that way. HOw can I change the default setting to hotmail please. I have Windows XP.
Thank you.

CruelAndUnusualParenting Sun 12-Dec-10 16:52:59

www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

NetworkGuy Sun 12-Dec-10 17:54:57

Not convinced there is an easy way (if any at all) to force e-mail handling to be done via your browser with Hotmail (as the settings on a Windows machine will be to get a specific e-mail application, such as MS Outlook Express or MS Outlook (if you have MS Office) or (Mozilla) Thunderbird or Windows Mail (Win 7)

size6feet Fri 17-Dec-10 19:54:07

My apologies for the long delay in not replying sooner Cruel and NetworkGuy . I've been away and had an operation but am back now, albeit one-handed.

Thank you Cruel, I found your link very informative.

Network - Previously when I have added pictures as attachments in Hotmail they have just attached. I understand what you say and so next time I send pics I will make careful notes of what I do and whatever notes pop up. I could be missing a step in the procedure.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: