Talk

Advanced search

What do you think of this touch pad?

(6 Posts)
TeenageWildlife Sat 04-Dec-10 17:06:52

I don't know anything about these things and was wondering about bying this for my 16 yo DS for Xmas www.ijtdirect.co.uk/?sct=7touch is it worth it or is it shite and is there a better alternative?
<<Clueless>>

TeenageWildlife Sat 04-Dec-10 17:54:21

WhatsWrongWithYou Sat 04-Dec-10 18:01:29

Don't know, but here's a forum discussing it. You could try googling for reviews.

TeenageWildlife Sat 04-Dec-10 18:29:52

Oh okay - that forum tells me what I need to know!

NetworkGuy Sat 04-Dec-10 20:37:06

Have to say that 405 Linez on that forum sounds like he was expecting too much of the unit.

405 line TV went away not many years after BBC 2 started, I think it was mid/late 70s as I remember us getting a 625 line colour TV in about '73 or '74 - so I could finally watch Monty Python or Pot Black (Snooker).

NetworkGuy Sat 04-Dec-10 20:41:59

There has been discussion on MN before about similar units, sometimes seen on Ebay as aPad or ePad and at similar prices (but in US$ being sold over there). Suggestion was that it would be fine for under 10s but is a bit dated (Android is now on v2.2, this seems to have v1.72 installed and might not be upgradeable).

I think it really depends on what your 16yo would be using it for, whether it might be used for school work etc ?

In Asda Living, only yesterday, I saw an HP 10" screen notebook, named " Mini 110-3102 " at 237 pounds.

Sorry if that is too costly, but it is a Windows 7 system with cut down versions of MS Word and MS Excel (MS Office Starter 2010), so for a teenage student should serve quite well. HTH.

PS If Asda has sold out, Carphone Warehouse has the HP Mini 110 at 239 (worth asking about the Microsoft Office software in either store to check it is not just a 90 day demo copy). I don't have this model but felt it might be of interest (and should be trendy enough not to be ridiculed by teen peers).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now