Talk

Advanced search

Wii

(7 Posts)
PDR Wed 01-Dec-10 16:36:23

I want to ask for a Wii for Christmas from DH but what bit do I need?

I only really want to play silly games like bowling etc as am not a serious gamer!

Is there a basic package available online somewhere? Do I need extra controllers etc?

Help!

VivaLeBeaver Wed 01-Dec-10 16:47:55

There are some good packages about, I'd go for a package with the balance board if you can. There are lots of good games that you can use the balance board for such as Wii Fit (its not all aerobics, lots og good mini games) and family ski.

This is a good price.

www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-Console-Balance-Motion-C ontroller/dp/B004BSFAX4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=129 1221908&sr=8-2

You don't need any more controllers unless you are going to play against someone. For instance we have Mario Kart so have 2 controllers and wheels so we can race each other.

Or this if you don't want the wii fit board but for £20 more I'd get the board.

www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-Console-Sports-Resort-Co ntroller/dp/B002Q8I13M/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1291 221908&sr=8-3

PDR Wed 01-Dec-10 16:53:29

Ok great I think I'll get him to buy me the first one then - so it only comes with one controller right? And if you play with someone else can you just take turns on that controller or do you need one each (just thinking DH might play with me or if I put it on when friends are round for a laugh).

Sorry I really don't know anything!

VivaLeBeaver Wed 01-Dec-10 16:57:03

It comes with one controller and one numchuk, so you have to take it in turns. Which is fine 95% of the time. You may find later on you want another controller so you can play against each other in some games, but you don't need it.

You might want to get rechargeable batteries for the controller and a recharging unit. Something like this

www.amazon.co.uk/A4T-Quad-Charging-Stand-Wii/dp/B0 01DXC85I/ref=sr_1_5?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=12912 22533&sr=1-5

PDR Wed 01-Dec-10 16:57:57

What on earth is a numchuck?!!!!!!!!!!!

VivaLeBeaver Wed 01-Dec-10 17:00:01

grin

Its a different type of controller that you need for some of the games such as boxing and skiing.

BadgersPaws Wed 01-Dec-10 17:13:15

It's a Nunchuck

The controller comes in two bits, the Wii Remote (Rectangular shape thing) and a Nunchuck. You always need the Wii Remote, some games then ask you to connect the Nunchuck which you do with a cable between the two bits.

As Viva says you get one complete controller, Wii Remote and Nunchuck, in the box.

If you want another you buy the two parts separately.

If you look on the back of a Wii game's box it's got little icons for what controller it needs, some need the Nunchuck and some don't.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: