Talk

Advanced search

Limewire

(7 Posts)
garrowismylaw Wed 01-Dec-10 08:09:51

Anyone know if older versions of Limewire still work? Heard a rumour that they might, is this true?

Unlikely as they have been shut down by federal order! cough try using a torrent...

MrManager Fri 03-Dec-10 02:06:02

Limewire! How passé!

It's all torrents now, dahling.

Niceguy2 Fri 03-Dec-10 11:46:00

Frostwire is the new limewire. So says my teenage daughter anyway.

Looks the same to me and is an abject example of why the record companies can't win this battle. They close one thing...another pops up to fill its place.

BadgersPaws Fri 03-Dec-10 11:57:54

"Looks the same to me and is an abject example of why the record companies can't win this battle. They close one thing...another pops up to fill its place."

File sharing has plenty of legal and moral uses rather than the illegal and immoral sharing of copyright material, or theft in other words.

Limewire were found guilty of deliberately marketing their service to people who wanted to steal music, videos and games and were apparently also making money out of it. So it is understandable that they were shut down.

It is possible to "win" this battle, and a part of that is coming down hard on those that profit from theft, but that will come about when people realise that doing this is wrong.

garrowismylaw Fri 03-Dec-10 18:08:07

Torrents sound great....if I knew how to use them confused

MrManager Fri 03-Dec-10 18:20:39

Google utorrent.

Or use www.torrific.com

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now