Talk

Advanced search

second hand ipod off ebay

(5 Posts)
headintheclouds Sun 28-Nov-10 21:11:51

Ive bought a second-hand ipod nano off ebay for my dd and its full of inappropriate hip/hop sweary rap music(she's 7yrs)-Does anyone know how I can delete all the music. Do Ihave to plug it into my itunes account and then delete each individual song.
Also we already have 2 ipods registered to my itunes library-can you have as nmany as you want attached- Ihope that someone can help me-Im a technophobe!!!

BadgersPaws Mon 29-Nov-10 09:46:17

To delete the music I'm pretty sure that you have to plug it into a computer with iTunes installed on it.

When you do that you'll get a question about about auto syncing or manually managing it.

If you do it automatically all the tunes on the iPod will be deleted and it will be filled up with what's in iTunes.

If you do it manually then you can then view the iPod in iTunes, view the music on it, select all the tracks (edit from the menu and select all, make sure you're viewing them on the iPod) and then delete them all (right one of the selected tracks and select delete). Once that's been done you can then manually drag just the music you want on the Nano from iTunes onto the iPod.

I don't think there's a limit as to how many iPods you can attach to one computer, I've got four on mine.

NetworkGuy Mon 29-Nov-10 17:04:24

(right one of the selected

is probably right click one ...

charlotteolivia Sun 05-Dec-10 15:58:40

you can only have one ipod to each itunes account. if you have a few user accounts, you can have one to each.

an ipod can only be synched to ONE irunes library. that is how apple stop you buying an ipod, and taking it to your friends and synching their music to it and so on.

if you plug an ipod into a computer and run itunes when the ipod is not synched with that librabry, it will come up with a message saying 'this ipod is not synched with this librbary, do you wish to synch with this library?' if you click yes, it should bring up an alert saying 'all the current music stored on this ipod will be deleted if you continue to synch with this library' or words to that effect.

this is what you want . click yes. bam. done. put whatever music you DO want into that itunes library, click synch, and it will load that onto the ipod. HTH

BadgersPaws Mon 06-Dec-10 10:48:46

"you can only have one ipod to each itunes account. if you have a few user accounts, you can have one to each."

No. You can have multiple iPods connected to iTunes, I do it.

"an ipod can only be synched to ONE irunes library. that is how apple stop you buying an ipod, and taking it to your friends and synching their music to it and so on."

No. You can have an iPod set up to autosync with multiple iTunes libraries, however for most iPods the sync is only one way, that is to say that it makes the iPod look like iTunes. That means that songs that are on the iPod but not in the iTunes you are autosyncing with will get deleted.

So technically you can do it, there's no limit set by Apple, but it's not a good thing to do as music will just get deleted all the time.

If you're dealing with multiple computers or multiple iPods when you want different music on each iPod then you want to use manual syncing. When it asks that sync question when you connect the iPod for the first time just say no.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now