Talk

Advanced search

FFS my broadband/wifi was there last night, where's it gone!!

(7 Posts)
CountessVonKnackerstein Sun 28-Nov-10 19:23:13

Any ideas?!!
I have bt home hub, (1.0 version) and the lights on it have dimmed. Rebooting it and turning it off makes no difference, phone line working fine.
Is there a "flash" I can do on the hub to kick it's arse?

CruelAndUnusualParenting Mon 29-Nov-10 16:17:04

If you unplug it completely do the lights flash when it's plugged back in? Do they all "dim", if not, which ones stay lit and which ones go out?

CountessVonKnackerstein Mon 29-Nov-10 19:19:21

Thanks for replying! No lights flashing, just dimly lit "broadband" and "Internet" symbols.

mrmister Tue 30-Nov-10 03:12:31

Is there a WiFi symbol (near the broadband and internet symbols) that has no light lit - when it looks like there should be?

CruelAndUnusualParenting Tue 30-Nov-10 11:56:39

On most Modems they start by all lighting up and go through a "self-test" sequence before settling. I have the Voyager 220V, not the home hub, but it shouldn't be that different.

The manual suggests that if the broadband and internet lights are lit then it's connected, so it's probably the wifi connection.

A common mistake is to have accidentally disabled the wireless on a laptop. Do you know how to enable/disable wireless? Have you checked that it's enabled?

There's also some troubleshooting info at http://www.filesaveas.com/hubhelp.html

CountessVonKnackerstein Tue 30-Nov-10 12:27:36

Yes there is a wifi symbol but it's not lit up. I'm using my iPhone to connect to wireless Internet and my network is not showing up, nor is it showing up as available on my laptop. The lights used to be very bright and now they are just very dim.
I've tried the wifi reset button, nothing happens, so maybe it's time to reboot it (down the stairs haha)

CountessVonKnackerstein Wed 01-Dec-10 16:44:01

Any further ideas! Am waiting for bt broadband engineer to ring back....

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: