Talk

Advanced search

IPad wont connect to internet!

(7 Posts)
shimmerysilverglitter Tue 23-Nov-10 21:34:51

Really frustrated with this.

Am connected to my wifi, no problems there and shows as connected, all three bars etc but just not connecting to internet.

Help me before I hurl it through the window!

retiredgoth2 Tue 23-Nov-10 21:40:01

It's definitely your wifi it is connected to?

I know mine keeps on connecting to the bloody BT flipping open zone spot that is over the road....

Failing that, I suggest re-sync it. And if that doesn't sort then restore. I had to do this with mine for a different problem recently; no problem since.

RustyBear Tue 23-Nov-10 21:40:33

Mine sometimes does this,either just after 'waking' or after our broadband has been off.

It usually works to go into settings and turn the wifi off and then on again. If that doesn't work, try going into the settings for your wifi connection and renewing the lease. Sometimes turning it off then on again works. This sort of issue was supposed to have been solved by the first software update, but some ipads still have the problem.

shimmerysilverglitter Tue 23-Nov-10 22:10:28

Thanks have tried all that and more. Guess will just have to wait until the Apple Store opens again tommorrow. Probably something really simple and I will feel really foolish for marching back in with it.

prism Wed 24-Nov-10 09:23:06

Try restarting your broadband router. The fact that you're connected to the wifi network doesn't necessarily mean you're on the internet, and sometimes routers give out DHCP leases and somehow don't connect the lease clients to the internet.

May not work but worth a try.

BadgersPaws Wed 24-Nov-10 09:57:54

This works on an iPod Touch and an iPad should be similar....

Go to Settings
General
Network
WiFi
In the "Choose a Network List" find the network with the tick next to to it's name (is this your network?) and then tap the little arrow on the right.

What does it say under IP Address? DHCP, BootP or Static?

In the table what value does it actually show for IP Address, Router and DNS.

Is HTTP Proxy on?

shimmerysilverglitter Thu 25-Nov-10 21:24:53

Hi, just remembered this thread. Took IPad into The Apple Store, all worked perfectly. The Assistant there suggested that we "reroute our password". So I ran home called my Broadband provider and said it to him (in exactly those words as I am somewhat clueless), he took me through a load of stuff and reset our password, used new password and straight on.

Thanks for all your replies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now