Talk

Advanced search

iPhone restore has lost free apps, any advice?

(9 Posts)
CountessVonKnackerstein Tue 09-Nov-10 22:35:36

I know if they were paid for I could download again for free, but these are just the free ones.
On purchase history they are all there, am just not sure how to get them back on my (very empty looking!) phone?

YourCallIsImportant Tue 09-Nov-10 22:37:40

They should still be on your iTunes.

CountessVonKnackerstein Wed 10-Nov-10 18:49:07

They aren't on my iTunes but they are on my purchase history (both paid and free)
Weird.

JeMeSouviens Wed 10-Nov-10 18:53:12

Did you make a backup and the restore from that?

From what I understand, via googling, is that when you restore your phone you need to back up everything on it, then load it all back on. I could be wrong though.

Have you got the paid ones back on? Have you actually tried to see if you can reload them for free?

CountessVonKnackerstein Wed 10-Nov-10 19:53:04

It's my DH's phone tbh, he got a new one from apple on Thursday as his camera stopped working, he'd backed up and upgraded to newest version of iTunes and he's tried backing up from there.
The apps are all named there in his "purchased history" but the apps have just gone somewhere!

Thank you for replying...think yet another trip to the genius bar in Newcastle ...,

JeMeSouviens Wed 10-Nov-10 21:32:24

When I did mine, I didn't do it through iTunes, I made sure I copied everything over to my PC and copied it all back.

Hopefully your man in Newcastle can help you.

CountessVonKnackerstein Wed 10-Nov-10 22:15:09

Ah, not a sync? Copied almost like from computer to computer?

JeMeSouviens Thu 11-Nov-10 00:25:27

Yes, actually I did both. My memory is jogged when you say sync. I didn't quite trust it, so copied everything over as well.

MrCSWS Mon 15-Nov-10 13:43:35

just "buy" again through the app store, will realise you have downloaded before. should not make a difference that they are "free"

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: