Talk

Advanced search

How do I compare mobile phone contracts with 2 phones?

(4 Posts)
ksld Mon 08-Nov-10 11:19:39

I want to get a pay monthly mobile phone contract with 2 phones and I can't find anywhere where I have the option of 2 phones to start a comparison. Can you even get a contract with 2 phones?

NetworkGuy Tue 09-Nov-10 01:40:16

On the MSE (MoneySavingExpert) forum, there is a thread where someone wanted this, and back in 2008 T-Mobile did a 'family share' account but it was 55 quid a month. Someone else (again with T-Mobile) asked for a second phone to be added, and that had a separate number, but was all billed on in one account.

Sounds like you first need to decide what sort of money you are happy to pay, then check what phones you would get (or consider going into a contract with a SIM-only deal, so you can use a couple of existing phones, or buy unlocked at Asda Living, or [at somewhat higher cost] unlocked phones from some other phone store).

Then ring around the networks to see if their sales teams can offer you a deal. I think it will depend on what you want to do - if you plan to (say) have 2 phones, where one is for you (lots of calls, limited texts) and one for a DD (lots of texts, fewer minutes of calls) they migh feel they are going to lose out as many of these deals mean someone uses more of one than the other but pays for the option to use more.

Perhaps T-Mobile Flex is an exception, but of course now T-Mob and Orange have merged some deals / contracts might disappear.

Most phones are locked but Carphone Warehouse and their online stores like e2save.com etc may do so, but the cost can be quite a lot higher than Asda, though it depends on whether you need basic text + voice + limited extras (up to 150) or some sort of smartphone which could go up to 400 quid).

Nicksr Fri 02-Nov-12 06:05:56

There are lot of source out there you have to just google it! You can easily calculate and compare plans as per your requirement!

NetworkGuy Sat 03-Nov-12 01:27:49

Recently saw that Three were offering 2 phones (2x Blackberry 9320 at the 3Store) for 25 quid a month, giving 100 minutes + 2000 3-to-3 [eg chatting to other phone!] + 5000 texts + 250 MB data.

From info seen on HotUKdeals.com (and checked at my local 3Store too).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now