Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Astro turf

(5 Posts)
TwinSetAndPearls Wed 27-Jul-05 22:32:56

I am still trying to decide what to do with my horid lawn which even the green thumb lady admitted was doomed!

It is bumpy, patchy, weedy, brown - just crap. I am sick of mud being run in the house and having to serach for dog poo before letting dd out to play. Has anyone ever tried astro turf, been looking online and some of them look quite good. My memories of astro turf (admittedly fifteen years ago) invlove water logged hard rubber that hurt when i fell on it. Has it changed? Would it cushion a fall from a small slide?

merrygoround Wed 27-Jul-05 22:40:44

We have had a lovely circular "lawn" of fake grass and it is fab. I think the company is called "Easy Grass", but not sure if they are still going. Based in West London I think. The "grass" was laid over some thick spongy stuff that made it safer in terms of falling from a certain height (they can advise you). It wasn't massively expensive, no mowing is required and it looks good all year round. They offered different lengths of grass, from the "meadow" to the very short. It is a bit prickly to sit on mind you (we have an intermediate length), so you need to put a mat down if you are planning to sit on it. Definitely scratchy on babies bums!

Skribble Thu 28-Jul-05 23:17:18

I thought about this to and wondered if the carpet they use round pools would do. I have seen it used outdoors round the bottom of a flume ride. So it must be hard wearing.

I will go and Google and see what comes up.

Skribble Thu 28-Jul-05 23:51:22

heres some

and some more

Can't find poolside flooring though.

TwinSetAndPearls Fri 29-Jul-05 14:51:36

THanks skribble for the links have emailed some companies for quotes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now