Talk

Advanced search

Why haven't my sweet peas flowered.

(8 Posts)
TwinSetAndPearls Wed 27-Jul-05 21:49:54

I grew my sweet peas from seed and they have been in the garden about six weeks they have grown outside with varying degrees of success, some are about a foot and a hlf tall but no flowers?

What have I done wrong?

marthamoo Wed 27-Jul-05 21:52:29

My Mum's have only just started flowering - give them a bit longer, they don't sound very tall yet.

Jane63 Wed 27-Jul-05 21:54:27

6 weeks is not a long time for flowers to grow. Have you fed them, given them much sunlight, sometimes flowers can take a long time...as long as you feed and water them they should be okay..is this your first year with sweet peas?

TwinSetAndPearls Wed 27-Jul-05 22:03:10

Maybe they do need longer, I gerimnated them under glass indoors and let the establish indoor for about six weeks before putting them out. So they are about twelve weeks old , I just thought they would ahve flowered by the time they were as tall as some of them are.

It is my first year, always had apartments so my first garden!

TwinSetAndPearls Wed 27-Jul-05 22:03:56

I have just been feeding them with a general all purpse food, is there anything you can recomend?

trefusis Wed 27-Jul-05 22:04:56

Message withdrawn

TwinSetAndPearls Wed 27-Jul-05 22:13:40

thanks, just want to get this right as I we went away for the weeknd to discover that killer slugs and snails had eaten dd sunflowers!!

bensmum3 Sun 21-Aug-05 18:48:18

I'm still hoping mine might flower too, they are quite tall now and look strong, so fingers crossed, just as autumn approaches we will have beautiful sweet peas flowering

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now