Talk

Advanced search

I've just bought nearly £50 worth of seeds................

(7 Posts)
FuriousGeorge Fri 18-Sep-09 22:05:37

for next year,and it cost me £12.Wyevale have reduced a lot of their seeds to 50p a packet.Even the very expensive ones.I'm very chuffed!

GentleOtter Fri 18-Sep-09 22:09:05

What did you get and is there a link please?

ingles2 Fri 18-Sep-09 22:09:39

oh link please

FuriousGeorge Fri 18-Sep-09 22:34:26

www.yourgardeningclub.co.uk
I don't know if they have branches everywhere,but there is a location finder on the site.

I did the same thing last year and bought all my tomato seeds in the sale-they all germinated fine.Today I bought;
Tomato Maskota
Tomato Balconi Red
Tomato Sungella
Tomato Faworyt
Tomato Marmande
Tomato Matina
Tomato 100& 1000's
Tumbling Tom Red
Aubergine Black Beauty
Pepper Tabasco
Pepper Inferno F1 Hybrid
Pepper Cayenne
Pepper Summer Salad Mix F1
Pepper Big Banana F1
Pepper Gourmet
Curly Kale
Courgette Zucchini F1
Cabbage Savoy Estoril F1
kohl Rabi Koibri F1
Broccoli Sprouting Summer Purple
Felicia bergeriana
Californian Poppy Summer Sun mix
French Marigold Petite mix
Campanula ramosissima Meteora

A lot of these are Thomson & Morgan seeds and I got their new catalogue yesterday.The prices have gone up by 10-30p a packet from last year,which makes them even more of a bargain!

WynkenBlynkenandNod Fri 18-Sep-09 22:37:56

I went into my local one and did very well. Ours had Thompson and Morgan, Seeds of Italy, duchy Organic and a fair few others, a lot have a 2011 use by date on, bargain!

Mousey84 Fri 18-Sep-09 22:44:30

Or try the kelloggs offer £43 of seeds for £4 p+p plus codes from promo packs (equiv of 3 boxes of cereal, but you can get the codes from a few different products like cadburys fingers, andrex, fabulous baking boys products)

snorkie Fri 18-Sep-09 22:48:51

I posted about this sale (thread here) over a month ago so it's been going a while. I'm impressed they've still got some left as most went at our local Wyevale within a fortnight.

Some really good deals - several of my seed packets were over £4/packet rrp. Have to say though, when you see them all discounted like that it's too tempting to buy far more than you really need.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now