Talk

Advanced search

Liquid Plant Food

(3 Posts)
dizzydo Thu 26-May-05 20:25:45

Out of the row upon row of choices for plant food (outside plants, summer bedding etc) does anyone have one that they can recommend for keeping the leaves healthy and producing lots of flowers, i.e. one that REALLY does what it says! Also one for the lawn please!!

WigWamBam Thu 26-May-05 20:26:36

I use tomato food on almost everything. Seems to do the trick.

lavenderrr Thu 26-May-05 20:34:52

For flowers I can recommend MiracleGro which everywhere sells, it's about £3.50 and you have to add a scoup to each watering can load (which is about 4 gallons) this will water about 2 hanging baskets/or 3 big pots....you should do this every 2 weeks without fail to produce blooms for the coming seasons....If you don't want to keep feeding every 2 weeks and you do way on holiday for example....you can buy a product called Osmocote which works by slowly releasing nutrients into the soil over a perioed of about 6 months...NB. it has to be added to the compost before you have planted them but if you add 25g per 10 litres of compost (I find if you get a bucket that's about 10 litres, break up your bag of compost from garden centre etc and add 25g of this and mix in well you are home and dry....AND IF YOU ARE ON HOLIDAY you can add 3 scoops of water retention crystals per hanging basket near the bottom, water it once planted, wait 2 hours water again and then it increases the absorption of water by 400%...might seem irrelevant but very useful to know in the supposed climate we are to encounter in these summer months.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now