Talk

Advanced search

Why is my peace Lilly not lillying?

(8 Posts)
Gingeme Tue 30-Jun-09 13:11:17

I have had my peace lilly about a year now. I have potted it up just once. It has lots of beautiful green leaves but no lillys. Can anyone put some light on this for me? Thanks

Gingeme Tue 30-Jun-09 17:48:06

Anyone? smile

Gingeme Tue 30-Jun-09 20:25:25

Heeelllloooo ?

Mspontipine Wed 01-Jul-09 00:33:29

Hiya - mine has but new this year - just had to reply to you grin xx

HeadFairy Wed 01-Jul-09 00:35:33

They aren't that keen on daylight, they flower better if they're in a gloomy ish corner. Do you have yours in direct sunlight? Mine is currently, I must move it, and it's leaves are starting to go brown and wither... there are some more details about how to care for them on here

Gingeme Wed 01-Jul-09 10:36:35

Excelent thanks ladys smile. I shall move it off the window sill then as its in direct sunlight. Thankyou again. x

MsF Fri 03-Jul-09 00:26:32

also.. they tend to 'complain' when potted on into a larger pot...thats typical for all lillies.

so next year should be fine!

(i talk from experience....when my neighbour died- aged 100.... i asked her family if i could have the lillies she had outside her kitchen window. I potted them up in march - and they did not flower that year... but were beautiful the next year. then several years on i decided this spring to pot them on again...and only had 1 flower this month!)

Gingeme Fri 03-Jul-09 13:01:49

Ah right . Yeah maybe thats what else I must have done wrong. Ill pot it up again next year and see how it goes. The leaves are all lovely and green though smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now