Talk

Advanced search

Aaaaargh Mrs Badger and ASBO family have moved into my garden!

(5 Posts)
strawberryplanter Thu 25-Jun-09 11:08:11

Soil all over the patio two days running, irises strewn about, all uprooted first day, second day across patio huge crater in children's play area!

Does that mean they have tunnelled right under the patio?

BonsoirAnna Thu 25-Jun-09 11:10:19

LOL MrsBadger is the MN name of a poster who used to be on here quite a lot. But I very much doubt she had ASBO children!

strawberryplanter Thu 25-Jun-09 11:41:45

What to do about discouraging them? Knowing they are protected and all that

ShellingPeas Thu 25-Jun-09 19:40:01

We have badgers in our garden - they create all kinds of havoc by looking for grubs like leather jackets, so were constantly digging up our lawn. We were told to leave them something to eat each night (apparently peanut butter sandwiches go down well) which we do and we now still have badgers but no holes in the grass. Perhaps you could try this?

I quite like badgers bumbling about in the dark - there's something sort of friendly about the shape, although I'd never approach a wild one!

strawberryplanter Thu 25-Jun-09 20:52:32

But we are very rural and so would have a rat problem if we left food out. We also have chickens, I know they take eggs but someone I know swears they'll kill chickens?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now