Talk

Advanced search

Bugs on my roses

(4 Posts)
LittleWhiteWolf Tue 16-Jun-09 17:19:45

Help! I'm a garden novice and now we're in our first summer with our latest house we've got a beautiful bunch of white roses flowering around our bedroom window (bungalow). BUT I've just been out pruning and discovered my roses are teeming with some strange little brown bugs. I want them gone! But what do I use? My friends advised that I add a drop or two of fairy liquid to water and spray the roses...any other tips or is this best?

pocketmonster Tue 16-Jun-09 22:35:38

That's the best and works really well.
A more long term solution is to get a ladybird and lacewing 'farm' - it is a wooden 'house' that you put in your garden and stock with food that will encourage ladybirds and lacewings - both eat aphids (sp?).

TubOfLardWithInferiorRange Thu 18-Jun-09 14:42:02

Right then-I must know what is fairy water?

TubOfLardWithInferiorRange Thu 18-Jun-09 14:45:00

Oh-never mind-fairy liquid-I have found it! Yes a couple teaspoons dishwashing soap with 2 teaspoons cayenne or red pepper to a quart of water is the recipe I have. Also-you could look around for ants because usually where there are aphids there are ants, no? smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now