Talk

Advanced search

Reviving our patio

(9 Posts)
HullabaLuLu Tue 16-Jun-09 12:03:29

I've noticed that our patio is looking very tired. There are weeds poking their little heads through the sides of the paving. I was planning to get dh to blast the weeds with the jet wash but what do we use to fill the gaps again?

poshwellies Tue 16-Jun-09 12:18:36

Cement?

HeadFairy Tue 16-Jun-09 12:20:42

You could actually use it to your advantage and plant some small herbs in there, sprinkle a few seeds down the cracks, something like thyme works very well, and then you'll get lovely smell when you walk over them.

HullabaLuLu Tue 16-Jun-09 12:33:52

Is it cement? I had no idea. Thank you. Not sure its a job for me then.

I love that idea HeadFairy and if we were planning to stay here then I'd give it a try but we're hoping to sell in the next 12 months.

cornflakegirl Tue 16-Jun-09 13:15:22

Sharp sand?

HullabaLuLu Tue 16-Jun-09 13:45:26

Thanks cornflakegirl, I'll have a look at that too.

Timmyrocks Mon 22-Jun-09 20:12:58

We had the same problem and brought some geofix from a local DIY shop. It comes like dry sand which you brush into the gaps then leave overnight to set. Very easy to do you just need a small brush and a dry night.

Goober Mon 22-Jun-09 20:17:33

Fibre optic lights.

Pannacotta Tue 23-Jun-09 10:53:52

Sharp sand but still suggest leaving some gaps and planting creeping Thyme etc, looks great and wont take long to establish.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now