Talk

Advanced search

All-rounder gardening book?

(4 Posts)
LaTrucha Mon 15-Jun-09 21:47:49

I really want a book that is going to tell me everything I want to know about the plants I'm growing so I don't kill them.

I want to be able to llok up a plant, and have it tell me where it likes to live (although this information is easily found so I'm not so bothered about it - can't imagine a book without it though); what fertilser it likes; whether I can propogate it; how to prune or train it and if I can grow it in a pot.

Where is my book?

If I have to have more than one I could have on on kitchen gardening and one on decorative flowers and such.

I have three gardening books: the RHS good plant guide; one on small gardens and Alan Titchmarsh's 'How to be a Gardener.' None of them tell me all of the information I want and sometimes none of them tell me anything I want to know.

Pannacotta Mon 15-Jun-09 21:56:38

This is supposed to be the definitive guide
www.amazon.co.uk/RHS-Encyclopedia-Garden-Plants-Encyclopedias/dp/1405332964/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=boo ks&qid=1245099272&sr=1-2
I dont have a copy (in fact it is in two volumes) but it is meant to be excellent, if rather £££!

LaTrucha Mon 15-Jun-09 22:01:40

Pannacotta - you know everything.

It's my birthday soon smile.

I'd liek to have a look at it first though. I'll see if they have it in the library.

Pannacotta Mon 15-Jun-09 22:12:03

grin thank you LT!

Good idea re the library.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now