Talk

Advanced search

cat poo in my pots, help please!

(14 Posts)
marne Sun 08-May-05 17:44:22

Got up this morning to find cat poo in my strawberries. Only planted them yestaday. Anybody got any ideas how to keep them out of my pots ( apart from getting a big dog to eat them) please help me before i shoot the neighbours cat.

Gomez Sun 08-May-05 17:46:42

MIL swears by orange peel, may some orange essence oil would do the trick?

marne Sun 08-May-05 17:50:55

thanx gomez will give it a go.

alux Sun 08-May-05 17:54:34

get a couple tiny cacti and place them in the strawberry pot. don't take the cacti out of their little pots, just set them among the strawberries.

I will hand it to the cat that will go poo in those strawberries.

marne Sun 08-May-05 17:59:04

I like that idea, maybe it will stop the kids picking them to.

Airgun Sun 08-May-05 18:20:12

Can I be of any assistance?

marne Sun 08-May-05 18:30:38

ANY ADVICE PLEASE?

Janh Sun 08-May-05 18:30:49

lots of very very sharp pointy sticks in the soil

Whizzz Sun 08-May-05 18:32:59

Cats aren't supposed to like the smell of lemon - you can get lemon scented anti cat pellet things to sprinkle around or the natural way - plant lemon balm nearby

QueenEagle Sun 08-May-05 18:33:29

Airgun (((snigger)))

Serious response, in agreement with JanH - put loads of cocktail sticks in the soil.

lou33 Sun 08-May-05 18:33:43

broken eggshells

Janh Sun 08-May-05 18:33:44

Sharpening them and sticking them in and imagining the consequences is deeply satisfying!

Alternatively some chicken wire over the top?

Do it quick though, when we eventually took steps the cats would come in expecting to find toilet facilities at the last possible minute and then go anyway - on top or on the path!!!

(Fortunately one has now died and the other has moved )

bubbaloo Sun 08-May-05 20:38:00

ive got a couple of cats but im also a keen gardener.
cats hate citrus fruits so orange and lemon peel are ideal to keep them away or like janh says put lots of tall canes round the strawberries or plants and the cats wont go anywhere near them
hth!

wavingordrowning Mon 09-May-05 19:58:41

Buy the largest pump action water pistol you can find. Highly satisfying and no damage done

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now