Talk

Advanced search

Not sure if this should be here or in pets

(2 Posts)
OrmIrian Mon 01-Jun-09 13:19:54

I want some bees. Mum used to have them years ago - I think she still has some gear left over. I like them. I like the noise, I like the fact they make honey, I like the fact they pollinate plants. And they are getting rarer.

But I live in a Victorian terrace with a small garden. Would it be really stupid to keep a hive here?

AMumInScotland Mon 01-Jun-09 14:47:52

I think you'd have to check what your neighbours think of the idea! If their usual flight-path was right across where your neighbours usually sit in their garden, they may not think it's a good idea.

Also, you might need to check whether you are allowed to keep animals other than pets - I wouldn't be allowed to keep any kind of "commercial" animals like chickens in my garden, because of stuff it says in the legal deeds. In my case I think that's because it used to be farmland and they didn't want people in competition, but town houses could have similar restrictions.

Also also... the council may have rules?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now