Advanced search

Can anyone tell me what one of those tiered metal shelves for putting pots on is called?

(13 Posts)
CountessDracula Sun 24-Apr-05 22:35:25

My neighbour used to have one, they are tiered in that each shelf pokes out a bit more than the last, like steps.

I want one to put some pots in one corner of my garden but don't know what to search for!

BadgerBadger Sun 24-Apr-05 22:47:15

Is it a stepped plant stand ?

miggy Sun 24-Apr-05 22:47:29

I think they are just called tiered plant stands. There is a thing called a jardiniere, but I think thats just one level.
Best I could find bit twee though
I know the one you mean, fits in a corner? seen it in a catalogue somewhere but I cant remember which one-sorry

BadgerBadger Sun 24-Apr-05 22:53:44

....or this one is a bit different.

BadgerBadger Sun 24-Apr-05 22:58:14

Argos have a plastic version.

CountessDracula Tue 26-Apr-05 22:33:47

Badgerbadger the first one you posted is the kind of thing but want an old one really. Will try ebay!

Thanks all xx

pixie54 Tue 26-Apr-05 22:36:47

isn't it an etager or something similar?

CountessDracula Tue 26-Apr-05 22:38:43

this is the sort of thing

PrettyCandles Tue 26-Apr-05 22:40:03

I think it's jardiniere. I think etager is also used. Not sure which is 'correct'.

CountessDracula Tue 26-Apr-05 22:40:04

etagere, you are right!

PrettyCandles Tue 26-Apr-05 22:40:47

etagere, I mean. Dunno how to do the accent though.

sparklymieow Tue 26-Apr-05 22:47:07

Lidi has some recently..

jangly Tue 26-Apr-05 22:47:45

Here's one that looks old, although it isn't. here
Its a bit expensive, and not sure about the colour!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: