Talk

Advanced search

Mass spider's nest! Help!

(5 Posts)
kelli22 Thu 21-Apr-05 21:28:53

I'm not much of a gardener- at all in fact so i'm hoping to get some help from you experts. i have a bush at the end of my garden that its invested with spiders they just seem to like that particular bush! there must be a few hundred of them at least.

Does anyone know how i can get rid of them without having to touch them or kill them one by one?

Any help would really be apreciated.

WigWamBam Fri 22-Apr-05 23:01:15

You should be able to use an insect killing spray from the garden centre, or if you prefer not to use chemicals, you can spray them with soapy water. But why do you want to get rid of them? They're not harmful to the garden.

hub2dee Sat 23-Apr-05 07:15:13

I'd imagine that after all the babies are of a certain age (maybe a week or two), they will all disappear.

SPARKLER1 Sat 23-Apr-05 08:18:14

Not much help to you - but my tip for getting rid of them without having to touch them or kill them one by one would be to send dh down to sort it out!! Yuk!!!

suedonim Sat 23-Apr-05 15:10:46

Do you have a high pressure water hose? Then you could blast them into eternity, heeheehee! Evil Even an ordinary hose might wash them away - so long as it isn't towards your house!

When we lived in Indonesia the biggest, ugliest suckers you can imagine used to dangle from all the trees, bushes and telegraph wires. Stuff of nightmares for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now