Talk

Advanced search

Gardening for Kids

(4 Posts)
spod Tue 29-Mar-05 21:09:16

My dd loves gardening... always helps me... loves sowing seeds and putting out potatos at the mo. shes always running round after me, playing with the wheelbarrow, getting pots,etc... has a mini tool set of her own.... What garden toys can i get her to play with? dont mean swings/slides as we have a park... mum has got a toy lawnmower for her.... She's 17 months.. what do your kids love?

Fran1 Tue 29-Mar-05 21:30:44

My dd is the same as you. We have various garden toys, but she enjoys joining in with whatever weeding, planting, mowing, raking i'm doing it! She too has her own tool set.

Our garden toys consist of, little tykes car, trike, balls, mini kitchen with pots and pans on warm days i give her water to do "cooking" with. And for hot summers we have a mini tent and a paddling pool! I think thats it! Oh and of course her favourite is her watering can.

morningpaper Tue 29-Mar-05 21:32:18

Wheelbarrow

Gun fitting on the hosepipe - she can water plants for hours

spod Tue 29-Mar-05 21:34:55

dd's favourite is the watering can too! although she only really waters her feet! Do you worry about her digging in the soil and getting mucky? I am thinking of toxoplasmosis.... i wear gloves for this reason.... how paranoid do i need to be?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: