Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Hort Soc Talk in London Tonight

(3 Posts)
hub2dee Tue 22-Mar-05 07:01:53

Hi all,

I'm a member of the Hampstead Garden Suburb Horticultural Society, and wanted to let you know there is a talk on tonight which may be of interest to anyone in North London who is passionate about their gardens !

Marney Hall - wildlife and wildflower conservation expert, and unbelievably good garden designer (remember the Quarryman's butterfly garden at Chelsea a few years ago ?) is giving an illustrated talk "Going for Gold" - the building of a Chelsea garden.

7:30 at Fellowship House,
136a Willifield Way
London NW11 6YD

Parking is free, and if you want to say hi, I'll be introducing her <<gulp>>.

Our society is hoping to submit a small garden for 2006, and a larger one for the centenary of our area the year after.... for my sins I'm part of the design team.

hub2dee Tue 22-Mar-05 07:19:17

Just to clarify that 'tonight' is indeed Tuesday 22nd March 2005.

hub2dee Tue 22-Mar-05 22:57:40

Marney Hall was an amazing speaker.

She has about 6 Chelsea golds under her belt.

If any of you enjoy the Chelsea Flower Show, you would have loved her presentation. She did my favourite garden ever - the Quarryman's butterfly garden in 1998, and showed slides about its construction and detailed planting info. So inspirational.

pixiefish and piffle will have to watch this space and see if I end up taking a Chelsea gold in a few years

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now