Talk

Advanced search

Moles !!

(4 Posts)
LIZS Fri 18-Mar-05 15:43:32

When the snow finally melted this week it revealed a series of molehlls in our garden. We'd felt one or two under the snow but there is a whole run of them and I'm sure a few new ones have appeared over the past few days. Any (preferably humane) suggestions for deterrents ?

Anteater Fri 18-Mar-05 16:35:10

Poke a bamboo stick into each new mound and place an empty drinks can on it. Moles do not like vibration so they will tend to vacate that run, so bit by bit they will move next door!!

Or you can buy a mole trap from any hardware store, pretty grim end for the mole but you wont fall out with the neighbours

spod Tue 22-Mar-05 21:55:01

put upturned wine bottle in hole, wind blows over it and they dont like the vibrations.

Grizzly Tue 22-Mar-05 22:22:28

No humane deterrent that works as far as I know. We were plagued with them in our last house. Desperation and a ruined garden with many dead plants led to the following solution: wait patiently, still and quiet till he pops his little head out of the ground, and whack him with a shovel. Of course this was before DS and I wouldn't do it now unless I was absolutely sure he wasn't around to see.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now