Talk

Advanced search

Cat poo in my garden!!!!

(52 Posts)
colditzmum Fri 18-Mar-05 14:04:33

My garden is covered in cat poo, the lawn, and the woodchip under ds's swing. How can I get rid of it? My whole garden smells like a toilet, and I really want ds to be able to play outside this year!

laneydaye Fri 18-Mar-05 14:16:02

get a gun (water) and oh what fun you can have.... it does actually work, whilst havin fun with the kids and losing weight running round the garden..... my mam says orang peel works and empty clear pop bottles filled with water... but not as much fun

ps. i hate cats

colditzmum Fri 18-Mar-05 14:16:15

Oh please help, I got some on my trainers earlier and I have had to put them through the wash!

colditzmum Fri 18-Mar-05 14:20:08

Thanks Laneydaye. How do I get rid of the yukky mess that is already there? Will I have to <<shudder>> ....touch it?

laneydaye Fri 18-Mar-05 14:22:37

yeah get the rubber gloves on love.... put your hand inside a bag and scoop it up then i usually put disinfectant down, not sure if this ruins the lawn though, mine seems fine.....
we suffer from this a lot and i hate it i throw little pebbles at the blighters.....

saintshar Fri 18-Mar-05 14:23:08

The only thing I can think of is to scoop it uo in a nappy bad if you have any colditzmum.

I have just done my garden and found some too.

saintshar Fri 18-Mar-05 14:24:09

That should be scoop in UP in a nappy BAG!! Typing whilst eating!

tarantula Fri 18-Mar-05 14:28:40

I hate cat poo found loads in my newly dug veggie patch last week ~grrrrr~ Waht do you do withthe orange peel? Jsut scatter it around?

laneydaye Fri 18-Mar-05 14:32:58

yes apparently but never tried myself.....

MrsDoolittle Fri 18-Mar-05 14:34:56

Pepper!
I had the same problem last year. Luckily we have an electric pepper grinder and seem to do the trick!
Well... that and getting the dog!

laneydaye Fri 18-Mar-05 14:35:55

i hope the dog enjoys cat pie...

Cod Fri 18-Mar-05 14:37:27

Message withdrawn

laneydaye Fri 18-Mar-05 14:42:53

only prob cod.... your cat will poo in someone elses garden... dirty cat

Cod Fri 18-Mar-05 14:43:32

Message withdrawn

Surfermum Fri 18-Mar-05 15:01:11

You need some lion poo. If cats see it they'll think there's a much bigger cat than them around and it'll scare them off. Honestly! We looked into this last year as next door's cats are always pooing in our garden.

There's also a plant that cats don't like the smell of. We put them in places where the cats came into the garden - it wasn't totally effective but it definitely helped. I can't remember what it's called though but will ask dh later and post then.

MrsDoolittle Fri 18-Mar-05 15:01:13

I don't like cats either. I watched 3 blackbirds fledge last year, wouldn't if I had a nasty, stinky cat

MrsDoolittle Fri 18-Mar-05 15:02:05

Well if you can't find lion poo, try the peppper.... it does work!

Twiga Fri 18-Mar-05 15:35:29

Coffe grounds are meant to work - cheap solution if you drink lots of fresh coffee. Can also buy stuff in garden centre called 'cat stop' i think it's safe for kids and other pets. The make is 'growing sucsess' and smells very strongly of garlic. Here's a link to a similar thread, to give you some extra ideas pesky cats!

Surfermum Fri 18-Mar-05 18:18:46

Colditzmum - the plant we put in was called Scardy Cat or Coleus caninus.

lavenderrr Fri 18-Mar-05 18:20:14

cat traps

jangly Fri 18-Mar-05 18:21:36

Silent Roar is good. Pellets soaked in lions urine. Its completely sterile and doesn't show up on the ground. You can get it from some garden centres, or online.

laneydaye Sat 19-Mar-05 12:55:45

hows it going colditzmum?

Twiglett Sat 19-Mar-05 13:00:55

tried lion poo and it didn't work

bought 20 sparkly windmills .. found next door's cat sitting on my table in the garden watching one of them going round with a look of bliss in its devilish face

have resorted to chasing them round the garden with a pan of water .. got them once so far

hate cats, hate cat poo, just swept up a load

laneydaye Sat 19-Mar-05 13:02:33

get a water gun twiglett fill it up and leave it so its close at hand......
its brill
xx

Twiglett Sat 19-Mar-05 13:08:32

I shall do that (except DS will no doubt get me with it)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now