Talk

Advanced search

Squirrels are nuking our tiny lawn!

(11 Posts)
greenlawn Mon 22-Sep-08 11:09:51

At least I think that's what is happening. We have a small area of lawn, only laid 4 or 5 months ago - looked after it as the gardeners instructed - but the last month or so quite deep holes/bare patches have appeared in it. A couple of times we've noticed squirrels digging merrily away at it.

Anything we can do??

BlingLovin Mon 22-Sep-08 11:17:19

Can't help on your lawn issue but can sympathise with your squirrel issue - they've been devouring my basil. Completely. They left one plant behind though until yesterday ... I looked outside and there was the blatant little bugger practically hugging the plant to himself while he had a little snack!!!

Cute they may be, but man they're a menace in the garden.

rubyloopy Mon 22-Sep-08 11:46:12

Message withdrawn

OhYouBadBadKitten Mon 22-Sep-08 11:49:42

I thought that it was really cute that we were getting them in our front garden a few weeks ago - not had them before.

Then I went to pick our hazel nuts.

They had left one nut. That was it - one nut. Didnt exactly go far between the three of us.

greenlawn Mon 22-Sep-08 16:20:30

Thanks for the advice, at least we aren't the only ones! They're so brazen, they literally hop off the neighbours walnut tree, paws full, and then have a good old excavation of our lawn ... and we were so proud to have a patch of lawn at last!!!!! (can you tell from my username?)

PoorOldEnid Mon 22-Sep-08 16:21:30

sounds like badgers rather than squirrels if they are deep holes

greenlawn Mon 22-Sep-08 20:39:50

Wow really? I would be quite proud of a badger in the garden - will have to get the night vision goggles out ...

rubyloopy Tue 23-Sep-08 08:37:34

Message withdrawn

greenlawn Tue 23-Sep-08 09:40:49

Oh dear sounds like this is something you've experienced!

rubyloopy Tue 23-Sep-08 09:42:14

Message withdrawn

PoorOldEnid Tue 23-Sep-08 10:19:35

badgers are a complete PITA

a paracetamol wrapped in bacon tempts me everytime I look at my garden angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now