Talk

Advanced search

Mud, mud, glorious mud!

(12 Posts)
Levanna Tue 22-Feb-05 00:58:31

Never been so happy to see a large expanse of soil! The concrete, trees, greenhouse, shed, rubble, pond and horrendous slabs have all gone (6 skips later). I'm really proud of my (soon to be turfed and planted) mud!

KatieMac Tue 22-Feb-05 18:16:59

Lucky you - I remember that feeling.

Good luck with the planting

littlemissbossy Tue 22-Feb-05 18:17:56

6 skips!!! OMG how big is your garden?

Twiglett Tue 22-Feb-05 18:19:04

well it had a greenhouse AND a shed AND a pond AND trees .. how big dya reckon it is?

Twiglett Tue 22-Feb-05 18:19:34

you couldn't even fit a tree in my London garden

(well you could but I'd have to forfeit the grass)

JoolsToo Tue 22-Feb-05 18:20:26

if my memory serves me well you DID have a tree once n'est pas? and it went walkies?

BadHair Tue 22-Feb-05 18:22:25

Sorry to butt in, but how did you get rid of your greenhouse? Are they easy to dismantle? I need to get rid of ours but have visions of it smashing and us dying a death by a thousand cuts.

Levanna Tue 22-Feb-05 23:30:24

Not huge! 30'x30' at the back. There were three massive leylandi, each about 40'high and it was once owned by a man who must have had some sort of penchant for concrete. There were layers and layers of the stuff, in fact we had started to worry about what we'd find buried underneath .
Badhair, the greenhouse was dismantled from the top downwards (make sure it's a sturdy ladder! and have someone holding it just to be sure) and flung in one of the skips.

Thanks for sharing in my celebration! I'll have to find somewhere to post 'before and afters'.

Snugs Tue 22-Feb-05 23:39:46

Photobucket sweetie - or did all that WKD ruin your memory?

Levanna Tue 22-Feb-05 23:49:58

Snugs. It didn't cross my mind that I could link to that here (very wobbly day). And, as for the Blue stuff, I rang DH the following day at work to complain about my hangover ie: "I didn't get drunk, yet I have a hangover, is this old age? Why didn't you warn me!!!!" (Then promptly hung up )

Snugs Tue 22-Feb-05 23:55:27

My head was somewhat thumpy the next morning I must admit.

If you don't want to display the photos that are already on there then change the marker on that album to private. Then start another album for the photos of garden to go on here.

Levanna Wed 23-Feb-05 00:05:23

can't imagine anyone would be too interested in my mud....I'll do it a bit further along the line.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now