Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What's flowering in your garden

(14 Posts)
Othersideofthechannel Tue 05-Aug-08 13:49:11

I need ideas early August flowering perennials/bulbs.

My garden had lots of colour until 2 weeks ago and will have lots of colour in 2 weeks but is looking sad atm.

Thanks

MehgaLegs Tue 05-Aug-08 13:51:23

Crocosima (orange), Cosmos (white, purple and pink) Echinacea (purple) Penstemon ( white), percicaria (sp!) dark pink), yarrow (yellow) perennial sweet pea, pale pink.

MehgaLegs Tue 05-Aug-08 13:51:39

Oh and some blue agapanthus.

Othersideofthechannel Tue 05-Aug-08 17:33:28

Thanks, and bump.....

madcol Tue 05-Aug-08 17:35:00

Agapanthus also; Crocosima ; Back-end of the pelargoniums ; Could have some colouful foliage as well - cotinus ; cordyllines;

sophy Tue 05-Aug-08 18:19:03

To add to others: kniphophia, snapdragons, alchemilla, lilies, bronze fennel, heuchera, very tall purple thing whose name I can't remmebre.
i have a border which was designed to be at its best in august.

ChasingSquirrels Tue 05-Aug-08 18:21:26

Crocosima, japanese anemones, (my agapanthus arne't out), ballon flower, lillies

forevercleaning Tue 05-Aug-08 18:24:29

crocosmia, cosmos, hollyhocks, sweet peas, petunias, fuschia, geraniums, gazania tiger stripe, and that bushy white daisy thingy!

whistlejacket Wed 06-Aug-08 14:34:48

Anenomes (pink or white), achillea / yarrow (white, yellow, pink, orange), lavender (or is that classed as a shrub?!), verbena bonasera (purple), some heathers flower in August, gladioli. Crocosmia has gone mad in my garden this month

seb1 Wed 06-Aug-08 14:35:25

Weeds grin

Othersideofthechannel Wed 06-Aug-08 15:21:42

Tee hee, no need for me to plant any of those!

bozza Wed 06-Aug-08 15:26:27

sea holly
verbenia bonerarenis or whatever
crocosmia
geranimums
petunias
busy lizzies
other bedding
pinks
sweet peas
passion flower

Smithagain Thu 07-Aug-08 08:55:09

Not much is flowering - am going to print this thread off because I have the same problems.

The main thing we have got is nasturtiums, which are self-seeding and conveniently wriggle their way into all the large gaps between the other plants.

Also a bit of crocosmia and some snapdragons and pansies in pots.

Oh, and chillis - in fact I think we are going to have to train the kids to like 'em, cos there are about a million flowers on them!

Othersideofthechannel Thu 07-Aug-08 10:20:40

Yes, I've planted a few nastursiums this year and am hoping for an exponential effect over years to come!

My lavender, echinacea, agapanthus and bushy white daisies have all finished flowering. I'm in France but very close to Kent.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now