Talk

Advanced search

tomatoes - please tell me this isn't aminopyralid poisoining

(8 Posts)
lulu25 Tue 22-Jul-08 20:28:00

what makes me think it is: leaves curling up at the top, look pretty much like the pictures that have been posted

what makes me think it's not: only two of my seven tomato plants and nothing else affected (including a stray bean plant between the two that are); fruit look OK so far; no reported contamination at site

SO

is there anything less sinister that can do that to tomatoes?

tia

lazaroulovesleggings Wed 30-Jul-08 13:50:56

My plants are curling a little too, but they don't look unhealthy, plus I've just eaten a tomato! Have I been poisoned?!
What is aminopyralid poisoning?

mankymummy Wed 30-Jul-08 13:53:26

sometimes plants do curl and not for any sinister reason that i'm aware of.. i've had this before and the plants and fruits have been fine.

lazaroulovesleggings Wed 30-Jul-08 13:57:00

Thank goodness for that. It was the first one I've tried, it wasn't that great though.

mankymummy Wed 30-Jul-08 15:44:02

thats a shame. what variety of tomato was it? was it ripe enough?

lazaroulovesleggings Wed 30-Jul-08 16:33:45

I lost the pack. They are cherry ones. It was bright red so I picked it, but the skin was a bit hard. Should I have left it longer? THis is the first time I've successfully grown tomatoes.

mankymummy Thu 31-Jul-08 09:29:24

possibly. wait until they give a little bit when you squeeze them. some varieties need to go quite a dark red.

lazaroulovesleggings Thu 31-Jul-08 13:17:27

Yes, I think I picked it too early. Thanks for the advice mm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now