Talk

Advanced search

tomato problem

(8 Posts)
Pip51 Mon 14-Jul-08 21:11:19

Growing Gardners delight in greenhouse,leaves getting brown spots and turning yellow,starting with bottom leaves and spreading upwards.Any ideas please?

spudmasher Mon 14-Jul-08 21:14:01

I am giving up on tomatoes this year. Loads of flowers and hardly any set, then those that did are now dropping off! No advice just sympathy. I am putting it down to a bad year for toms.

Jennster Mon 14-Jul-08 21:21:16

As was last year. I said 3 years ago I would give up growing them but figured it was a bad year............Can't help you either but my sympathies too.

monkeychambers Wed 30-Jul-08 16:41:13

Mine to - I had 4 very healthy plants - 3 went the same - spots, then yellow, at the bottom and then dead - my last surviving one now looks like its going the same way - but it has lots of little toms on it - am I going to loose it? Would be great if anyone had some advice. Sending sympathy to you Pip and others...Did I over / underwater - its my 1st year with toms so I have no idea really.

toobusymum Wed 30-Jul-08 21:43:59

Blight? It has been very wet and cold...

mankymummy Thu 31-Jul-08 11:54:01

remove any affected leaves and then spray the plant liberally with copper sulphate solution. if its blight then you may save them if you do this quickly.

Uriel Thu 31-Jul-08 11:55:57

Pip - are you feeding the plants?

monkeychambers Fri 01-Aug-08 09:38:11

Thanks so much - will rush to buy copper sulphate this afternoon...

Can I spray them and then feed them tonight?

I feel hopeful - thanks very much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now