Talk

Advanced search

Help, stop me doing something i might regret - QUICK its dinner time......

(6 Posts)
lucyellensmum Mon 14-Jul-08 18:25:00

and i have a cabbage of triffid proportions (that was supposed to be for small gardens hmm) in my garden and it does look like there is enough of a heart (its a pointy one) to have for our tea (excited) but i haven't a clue how to harvest a cabage, do i just pick the whole thing, chop it off, or just chop the heart out - might i get a second one??

LittlePeanut Mon 14-Jul-08 18:39:56

Sorry, no idea... bumped for you.

spicemonster Mon 14-Jul-08 18:41:36

Take it off at the base of the stem. You won't get another one where that one's grown and the stem will just die back to the stalk

lucyellensmum Mon 14-Jul-08 18:45:02

so, spice, might i just pull the whole thing up then? I have just been out and cut its heart out shock full of butterfly larvae angry but we have enough for our tea grin. so, that one is done for now then?

spicemonster Mon 14-Jul-08 19:27:16

Well if that's the only one you've got growing on it, you may as well. Wash it well

lucyellensmum Mon 14-Jul-08 20:07:27

i';ll pull the rest up then, we have just eaten it - sans cabbage white caterpillar. It was luuuurrverly - and we had carrots and beans from the garden to - its such a thrill

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now